Earth vs The Spider (1958) Classic Horror Movie

A good fun film, completely safe to watch with smaller kids on a late night spooky film night. A giant spider terrorizes a town, a high school band, and the HS Drama Club! Oh yeah and it eats lots of people also and laughs at insecticide. Whatever can kill it, other than foreshadowing in the first 10 minutes? Enjoy!

#SafeHouseHorror #EarthvstheSpider #Halloween

source

49 thoughts on “Earth vs The Spider (1958) Classic Horror Movie

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

so nostalgic these b horror films from the 50s , I love em all no matter how cheesy

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

There's no logic to this movie. I don't care if it is a classic.

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Thanks for posting the movie. Love these 50s sci-fi flicks…..

Cool movie. No way there was that much light back in that cave!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

My dad bought this for me on vhs when I was a little kid and I watched it to death lol. I'm 24 now and discovering this again is a trip haha

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

There also have been Super 8 rolls sold lateron in the US and maybe also elsewhere. 40 meters of mute film w/o sound (the "most-scary & most tensioning scenes" of it literally).

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

It's amazing how well lit those caves are, and how come the skeletons don't have any clothes on, did the spider eat them?

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Lol. That guy at 05:30 looks way too old to be a high school student.

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Talk about a screw you in particular moment!
    The spider bypassed every house in town, to go to the teacher's house and harrass his family.
    How did he even know his address?

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Entertaining movie; Bert I. Gordon's best(?).
    Great print.
    Thank you very much for uploading this.

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Great film. The scene I really like is the music/dance scene, they really had good dancers and musicians.

I betcha the Beaver and Larry Mondelo saw this movie

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

I'll bet the spider on the sheriff's desk was the star of the film. I'll bet they really did step on it, probably was the last scene shot of the movie. You can be sure that plenty of spiders were harmed in the making of this film (not that I give a damn, creepy things!).

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

i have to admit thids is not scary.of course i havent watched the video yet

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

I love these B sci fi movies a lot of heart and soul goes into these quickies. 60- 75 minutes of pure fun!

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

1:10:28 The crawling predator๐Ÿ•ท๏ธ getting zapped must have been a Black Widow. Lord knows the poor thing screamed and fell to its death like a woman in horrifying distress.

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Thanks, reminds me of the movies my sisters and I used to watch late Saturday nights.

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

The title should have said Earth versus the human the planet didn't do anything but just sit there planet did not fight back the people did

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

What better way to wake a giant mutant spider while having a rehearsal jamming session with over the age high school teenagers and a bunch of other over the age dancing teenagers hanging around a supposedly dead giant mutant spider in a town gymnasium and the night-watchman dumb enough to let them all in and to make it more hilariously ridiculous and cheesy the giant mutant spider can actually howl and scream when it is about to attack on these unsuspecting victims with music so damn corny to play in the background ???!!!! … It doesn't get any better or worse in my book, a great 1950's low budget horror stinker … ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Funny that in the 40s – 70s 99 percent of all monsters were discovered by teenagers ๐Ÿ˜‰

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

The people of that town can't be terribly bright. A huge cavern like that would be a tourist gold mine. Just like Carlsbad Cavern — which, as it happens, is precisely where the cave scenes in this film were shot.

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Carols other sure is taking her husbands death real well He gets killed by a giant spider and she reminds Carol to do her homework

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

When I feel frightened of present day giant spider movies I always put this one on itโ€™s nice fun and not so scary like present day ones are it makes me feel better ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Janitor is in just about every sci-fi movie back in the fifties. You see him alive on sci-fi theater as well.

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

The girl actress, June Kenney, starred in the movie Attack of the Puppet People that her boyfriend had not seen yet

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

I love those looks at 37:40! Also, I recognize the guy on the base drums. Though I can't remember his character name or his real name, he played David and Ricky's friend on the tv series, "The Adventures Of Ozzie and Harriet". He was the cut up on that show, always cracking silly jokes.

• July 23, 2021 at 1:25 pm

Great fun start to finish. There's lots to like about these 50s Sci Fi films – fashion, furniture, cars and streetscapes. Then theres rock 'n roll, cool dudes and pretty girls, 30 year old co-eds, corny dialogue, gratuitous chauvinism, dumb sherriffs (and dumber deputies) and the ever-present "atomic menace". I'm glad there's a never ending supply of these gems …

Comments are closed.